To care for someone who once cared for us is considered a great honor. Old age comes with maturity and wisdom and caring for them provides us with a chance of self-development. With the changing trend, family structures are changing from joint to nuclear, leaving the elderly to fend for themselves.
Here at K.S. Hegde Medical Academy, ‘KSHEMA SANDHYA’ a geriatric day care centre is one such initiative.
- We provide free to and fro transport for the elderly from Mangalore city to Justice K. S. Hegde Hospital at 9:30 am and at 4:30pm, respectively
- Games for the elderly
- Other recreational activities like watching TV, reading newspapers, books and magazines
- Assistance of a professional and qualified nurse
- Access to various specialty and super specialty OPDs’
- Refreshment and lunch (free of cost)
- Regular screening by psychiatrists to assess the mental health and provide required support
- Regular health checkups and care for chronic illnesses
Terms and conditions
- Age 60 years and above
- Functional capacity to care for themselves
- To bring any medication (daytime dose) which the client is on regularly
- Mr. Hemanth Shetty, Public Relations Officer (9740083240)
- Dr Satheesh Rao, HOD Psychiatry (9845085561)